The biggest rage in makeup is the infamous contour and highlighting. The reason to highlight and contour are to make your face appear slimmer. The highlighted areas are what you see first on a person face or what the sun touches first. As for the contour areas, its the shadows of your face.
- Highlight the high points of your face like cheekbones, brow-bones nose, chins, cupid's bow, under the eyes and tear ducts.
- You can use cream and powder highlighters or you can also use foundation that's two shades lighter. Some people even use eye shadow. Highlighter can be matte or shimmery.
- Apply the cream highlighter with your finger, sponge or synthetic brush and use a blush brush for powder and a large brush for blending
- Contouring is used with a darker color to recede areas in the face.
- You can use a foundation or powder that are two shades darker than your skin tone. If a bronzer or eye shadow is used make sure it doesn't have to much shimmer
- Apply the contour with a cheek brush and use a large brush for blending
- You can apply the contour to your cheekbones, nose and jawline. For the cheekbones apply in the natural hollows....(make the fish face). Start under the cheek bone and blend towards the hairline. Apply on the temples and blend. To slim a nose, shade either side, starting below the bridge and ending above the nostrils. Contour under the jawline will slime the neck.
I'm sure you have seen plenty of vids from your fav Youtube vlogger but we all could use some more reading and research. I have provided facial shapes that shows where to apply the highlight and contour (courtesy of http://www.nicolecprince.com).
Pull out your fave contouring and highlighting items and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!!!! As
always have a BEAT FACE kinda day!!!!!